Photobucket Photobucket

March 1, 2012

7-UP Biscuits

 Awwww, Pinterest, how I love thee.
This is another recipe I found on Pinterest, and I just had to give it a try.
I need to start a whole new series of recipe posts just for all the great stuff I find on Pinterest, every single day!


7-UP BISCUITS 
2 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. 7-Up
1/4 c. melted butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, until crumbly pieces about pea size are created. Stir in the 7-Up. Mix until you have a very soft dough. Then, sprinkle some additional biscuit mix onto a board or your counter top and pat dough out, into a roughly shaped square.
Cut into 9 equal squares (I used my pizza cutter, and just eyeballed the sizes).

Pour the melted butter into a 9 inch square dish. Place cut biscuits in pan. You might have to squish them in a bit, but don't worry, they still come out perfectly.


Bake for 12-15 min. or until golden brown. I brushed the tops of my biscuits with additional melted butter (because they look prettier, taste better, and I'm a Paula Deen wanna-be).
{I made 2 batches of these biscuits, but I made them separately because I wasn't sure how they would turn out.  I can tell you that doubling the ingredients will not be a problem in the future.}



We liked these biscuits. They are sooo simple, quick, and good, that I will make them again. They are a heavier, denser, biscuit than I expected, and I think that's part of the reason I was so happy with them (that and the fact there are only 4 ingredients). My kids said they couldn't really tell a difference from other biscuits I've made, but then, who listens to them? LOL
Recipe Source: Plainchicken.com


Pin It

No comments: