Photobucket Photobucket

February 13, 2011

ARKANSAS-Easy Lemon Cookies

The next addition to OUR COOKIE NATION series! Yay!
I must say, doing this series of favorite cookie of each of the 50 states was brilliant on my part...I get to make cookies, lots of cookies, with good reason, can't worry about the fat and calories, kind of brilliance!
This recipe was the most popular one among the residents of Arkansas via AllRecipes.com.
A very simple recipe,quick to make, fast baking, and quick cooling.  You gotta love that.  However, I thought this cookie was just OK.  For me it was a bit bland, but after refrigerating them (because I thought they would be better cold), they got better.  I also have the idea they would be truly great if you drizzled them with a lemon glaze. 
Grade: B


EASY LEMON COOKIES
1 (18.25 oz.) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. lemon extract
1/3 c. powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl measure the powdered sugar, and set aside.  In a large mixing bowl pour the cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon extract and mix well.  Drop by teaspoonfuls of dough into the bowl of powdered sugar, rolling them around until they are lightly covered.  Once sugared, place them on ungreased baking sheets, and bake 6-9 minutes or until the bottoms are a light brown, and the insides chewy.



6 comments:

Brandie@thecountrycook said...

I love making these! So easy and I love anything lemon! I forget where I saw it, but someone had decided to call them "cakies" - I thought that was pretty cute!

Lisa said...

They look really good and I like the crinkled look of their tops. Lemon is always a tasty flavor for sweets. I hope you'll come by and link this up to Sweets for a Saturday #4. The link will be open until 6PM tomorrow night. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

Amy said...

These cookies look great. What a fun "mission" you're going through now to make cookies of all 50 states! :) Have fun baking and I surely will be back to see what you're cooking up next!

Amy
http://utry.it

Anonymous said...

These are my absolute favorite cookies and I make them every chance I get! Glad you like them too!

Pam said...

They look great! One of my favorite cookies and it's because of all that lemon! Pass the plate please!

Lisa said...

Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.